Monday, September 15, 2014

Pumpkin Cookie Cheesecake

 I have got to get this post from
my brain
to my fingers
to my computer
before I forget how I made this.
I went to Pinterest looking for a no-bake cheesecake recipe
that calls for marshmallow.
Of course, I was sent clicking all over the place 
until I finally ran across a typed out recipe available
to everyone for the taking.
No source!
But I made some changes of my own.
 For the crust I had some help from Mr. Pillsbury himself.
This is a pumpkin cookie mix.
The box mix was given to us by Johnie's sweet mother.
I mixed together 1 stick melted butter, 1/2 c. chopped pecans, 
and the dry cookie mix.
I pressed what I needed into two glass pie plates
(sprayed with cooking spray).
I had approximately 3/4 c. crumbs left over.
I placed the crusts, 
threw the extra crumbs on a small baking stone
to be baked with the crusts,
in a 350 degree F. preheated oven for 10 minutes.
 For the filling:
I mixed 1-8 oz. brick soft cream cheese,
1-16 oz. sour cream,
1 tsp. vanilla
in my stand mixer until smooth.
On the stove top over medium heat in a medium size pan
I mixed,
melt 1 stick of butter
1-16 oz. bag mini marshmallows.
Add the marshmallows a little at a time 
until they are all melted smooth.
After the marshmallows are all melted 
add it quickly to the cream cheese mixture.
Mix together until smooth.
Evenly pour the cheesecake mixture into the two pie crusts.
Place them in the fridge until set (about 2 hours).
After the pies are set
take them out and cut into individual servings.
Top each serving with Schmucker's salted caramel ice cream topping.
The left over baked crumbs are sprinkled on top of the caramel.

One whole pie went to work with Johnie.
I can't have this sweet stuff laying around the house....
I will eat it!!
And just to let ya'all know,
Johnie loved it.

See ya'all soon

1 comment:

  1. I love pumpkin cheesecake but it takes so long to bake. This is a solution to that issue and I bet it tastes great, especially with the salted caramel topping!! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.