Friday, October 24, 2014

Cheeseburger Pie


Daily Dish Magazine Foodie Friends Friday

 This is a sure way to satisfy those finicky school kids at dinner time. 
And it is so easy to make.
It is so easy that I chose this dish to be my lunch.
 You just brown the beef and onion, and then add whatever else you want.
Then it all goes into a pie plate,
placed in the oven,
and presto!
You have an awesome meal.
I chose to eat mine with a sliced tomato.
 Does it taste like a cheeseburger?
It sure does.
And you don't have all that startchy bun to deal with.
You could even make this dish with less calories.
Just substitute ground turkey or chicken in place of the beef. 
Was it good?
What do you think by the looks of my plate?

Cheeseburger Pie

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

1 lb. ground beef
6 green onions, sliced, tops included

Brown beef and onion together in a skillet. Drain grease.
Return to stove and add:

1/4 c. mild pepper rings, chopped
1/4 c. dill pickle slices, chopped

Heat thoroughly. Add to pie plate.

Top with 1 c. shredded cheese of your choice (I used a cheese that I found at Aldi, pepperoni marinara).

Mix together in a bowl:

1/2 c. pancake/waffle mix (I used a multi grain pancake mix)
1 c. milk
2 eggs

Pour over beef mixture in pie plate. Place in oven for 25 minutes (mine took about 28 minutes).

Mustard/Mayo Sauce

2 TBS Mayo
1 TBS mustard

Mix together.
Place a dollop on top of each serving and sprinkle with a little dill weed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love dishes like this. Sounds awesome. YUM! I would love the mustard/mayo topping as well. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.