Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake with Brownie Brittle Crunches

 Have you had the chance to try the brownie brittle.
I will be honest....
When I first heard of brownie brittle my first thoughts were:
It is going to be sticky and get get stuck in my teeth.
So I swayed myself from trying it.
I finally got up the nerve to disappoint myself and bought a bag.
 Was I disappointed?
NO WAY!
This stuff is surly a brownie crunchy corner lover's dream.
Yes, I am one that will attack the corners on a pan of brownies.
I love the chocolaty crunch that the corners provide.
And to have a whole bag of crunchy corners.....
Truly in heaven.
But when I got to the bottom of the bag there were a
bunch of leftover crumbs from all the crunchy goodness.
What do you do with crunchy brownie crumbs?
Well let's see.....
You could put them on ice cream,
on a frosted cupcake,
sprinkle in oatmeal,
and the list could be endless.
 This is what I chose to do with my leftover crunchies.....
I made a peanut butter sheet cake.
Everyone knows that peanut butter and brownies go hand in hand.
RIGHT?

RIGHT!
 I topped off our Sunday meal with
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake with Brownie Brittle Crunches.
Fantabulous!!
Plus, it's been a long time since I've made 
something sweet for my Johnie.

Here is the recipe for the cake:

The frosting is simply:
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar
Bottom of the bag Brownie Brittle Crunchies

In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter, peanut butter and milk over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and peanut butter are melted. Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Working quickly, add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating with whisk until incorporated and icing is smooth. Immediately spread icing over cake. Sprinkle with Brownie Brittle. Store loosely covered.

 See Ya'all Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.