Monday, February 2, 2015

Belgian Beef Stew

 Here is a recipe I have been wanting to share with you for while now.
Things have been quite hectic around here.
I had the worst scare of my life last week.
Well to be honest, it wasn't just last week.
My symptoms have been going on for a couple weeks. 
And last week, since things were not getting better, 
I thought it was time to see a doctor.
When you are requested forced to have tests done
you automatically assume the worst.
Right?
I know I do.
I'm sure when the doctor requests forces medical tests,
he/she is assuming the worst too.
But with my fear of being the next cancer patient put to rest
with the test results my life can get back to normal.
I was dealing with such a bad case of anxiety last week 
that I couldn't function normal.
 And being able to share this recipe with you is my healing way
of getting my life back on track.
And poor Johnie......
I'm sure he was assuming the worst too.
He was beside me every day during my testing and hospital stay.
I couldn't ask for a better man.
 With this recipe I'm just going to share the link and 
tell you about the changes I made. 
Above is the beer I chose to use in my stew.
But you can use any kind you like.
This is the perfect body warming stew.
Especially since temps are getting colder,
and colder,
and colder.
Here is the link to the actual recipe:
My Recipes

These are the changes I made:
I used about 8 of the Green Giant tri-colored mini potatoes (cut in half)
I omitted the bacon
I used celery in place of parsnips
One can whole button mushrooms
1 c. beef soup base according to package directions (found in the soup isle)
And I served it with garlic toast
No bay leaf
No caraway seed

This will definitely be made in my house again. It is an awesome rich tasting stew.

See Ya'all Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.