Monday, October 26, 2015

Apple Galette

 Dear Facebook,
Why do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.....

Facebook is a great way to link up to 
awesome creative cooks, chefs, and just ordinary 
kitchen snobs.
(Like US)
 The recipe for this Apple Galette came through my Facebook feed.
the link will take you to their Facebook page. 
Make sure you like their page so you can get great recipes 
in your own Facebook feed. 
 This was very easy to make 
and made for a great quick fall treat.
As you can see,
we destroyed it!
Apple Galette

2 large apples, I used 1 large 2 small, sliced thin
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Mix all together in bowl

1 refrigerated pie crust (Pillsbury)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet, I didn't have parchment paper so I used foil. Parchment paper will work better. The Galette stuck a little to my foil.
Lay out the pie crust on the cookie sheet.
Place your sliced apple mixture in the center of the pie crust and fold up the edges around the apples. 
Brush French Vanilla coffee creamer on the edges after they are folded. Sprinkle wet edges with sugar. Dot apples with butter. I used like 2 TBS.

Bake for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.