Monday, November 9, 2015

Dressed-Up Tomato Basil Soup

Everyone loves a good hearty soup, right?
We do in our house.
 This soup is almost as good as the Chorizo Rice Bean Soup
we made last September. 
Not quite, but almost.
This one is a dressed-up Tomato Basil Soup.
I need to get this on into print for you before I forget 
how I threw it together.

This is what I did:
Dressed-Up Tomato Basil Soup

1 container Schwan's Tomato Basil Soup
3 c. leftover beef broth from a roast
1 lb. fresh ground sausage (browned), seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
2 frozen basil cubes, cooked with the sausage (the basil cubes I get at Trader Joe's)
1 can diced tomatoes with basil/oregano flavors
1 1/2 c. frozen corn (Schwan's)
2 c. bow tie pasta (cooked al'dente)

In a medium size soup pot I added my liquids (Schwan's soup, beef broth, and tomatoes).
In a skillet I browned the sausage and spices. There wasn't much grease so I didn't drain. I added the sausage to the liquids. Added the corn and simmered for about 30 minutes. I cooked the pasta separately in boiling water, drained and added to the soup. We ate this with Ritz crackers smeared with peanut butter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.